Atlantic Umbrella is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to this website (the “Site”) and to complying with UK Data Protection legislation. This policy explains how we treat the personal information that you provide to us.
The information we collect
We may collect, store and use information about:
- your visits to and use of this Site
- any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this Site
- personal details that you provide to us – and agree to provide as accurate – for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our services and/or email notifications
- your personal details from emails or other correspondence that you send to us
The way we use information
This information may be used:
- in the administration of this Site
- to improve the services we offer
- for marketing purposes
- to supply you with the information or services that you have requested
- to contact you for your views on our services
- to notify you from time to time about important changes or developments to our services
- to send you information about our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think maybe of interest to you
- to provide other companies with statistical information about our users (this information will not be used to identify any individual user(s))
We will take all reasonable precautions to prevent access to your personal information by unauthorised persons and to prevent the accidental loss, destruction, damage, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will not disclose any of the information you provide to us without your consent, except:
- if we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- if we are sold to, merged with or enter into a joint venture with another business, in which case your information may be disclosed to the new business owners or partners
The cookies we set and why
This website is owned and operated by Atlantic Umbrella Company Ltd.
When someone visits www.atlantic-umbrella.com or portal.atlantic-umbrella.com we collect standard information and details of visitors to identify behaviour patterns on our site. We do this to identify the number of visitors and how they use the site to assist in its future development. No information we collect can be used to personally identify the end user.
If we do want to collect information that could identify you then it will be made clear, such as our enquiries page which specifically asks for personal details.
Cookies from third parties
We use google analytics and google maps on our site to help provide content and get a better understanding of how our site is used. As these cookies are set by a third party we have no direct control over them however you can still manage these cookies by following the guides on www.allaboutcookies.org.
|jsCookie||This cookie tracks your acceptance for us to place cookies on your machine, it controls the notification bar at the bottom of your screen if you have not accepted cookies from us.|
|umbrella_admin||This cookie is essential to the functionality of our historical portal – not allowing its use will impact on the portals functionality.|
|Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website. Google Analytics stores IP address anonamously on its servers in the US, and neither Atlantic or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information. These cookies enable Google to determine whether you are a return visitor to the site, and to track the pages that you visit during your session.|
|PIWIK Session ID – Piwik is a tool used to track users through our website to get a better understanding of how our sites are used. We collect no information that could identify the end user and all tracking data is strictly held by Atlantic Umbrella and not shared with third parties.|
|PHPSESSID||We use this cookie to help with our online joining form www.atlantic-umbrella.com/register/, without this cookie joining information cannot be processed correctly or saved between steps – not allowing its use would impact on your ability to complete the online joing form.|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Session ID – This cookie is critical for the Atlantic Umbrella Portal to function correctly – not allowing its use will impact on the portals functionality.|
|PBLinkID||This cookie is used to help with our web enquiry form that provides a trouble free method of contacting our staff.|
Changes to this policy